Tuesday 25 March 2014

Lacura Beauty Eyeliner review

I tend to do all of my food shopping in Aldi and every now and again I come across their Lacura Beauty Range. I've never been particularly interested before as I had so many eyeliners I forget to use half of them. However I was spurred on by my husband to buy the eyeliners they had so i could do a review and seeing as they were only £1.99 and they only had 2 colours I thought why not.



The picture on the left is what they look like in the original packaging. It was sealed with a plastic wrap (which I took off) and comes with a sharpener too, which is pretty handy for me seeing as I misplace mine pretty much all the time.

The picture on the right is of both unboxed. The colours I bought are smoke and emerald.










I swatched the pencils on my hand which you can see in the picture on the right, the greeny one is emerald which is more of a shimmery moss colour. The other is smoke and that is a shimmery dark grey. The texture of the eyeliners is similar to Urban Decays 24/7 liners. They are really creamy and easy to work with. I used them to do a winged liner a few days ago and both looked the same after 8 hours with no touch up. They didn't look as crisp as with a liquid or gel but overall pretty good going as I have quite oily lids.


As you can Probably tell from the pictures above, the liners are double ended. The pencil part is one side and they have a smudger sponge on the other which is shown in the picture. I really didn't like the smudger, it felt stiff and didn't really smudge all that well. It felt like i was trying to scrape my eyelids off if anything. However that said the liners smoked out really well with a small precision brush. It did take a lot of layering and smoking out and layering again of the liners to get the intensity i wanted but that isn't something that bothered me.



Overall I was really impressed with the quality of the pencils, really creamy texture, easy to use and £1.99 each. They are definitely a must have for any budget shopper or any makeup fan that is just starting out with liners that wants to experiment with a new look.







No comments:

Post a Comment